INTERNAL PROTOCOL - COVID 19
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
Eurosol Hotels (Eurosol Leiria & Jardim, Eurosol Residence, Eurosol Alcanena, Eurosol Seia-Camelo and Eurosol Gouveia) implemented the measures described below to ensure the safety of customers, employees, suppliers and visitors, in the context of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV2)-COVID- 19.
1.1 IN THE FACILITIES
1.1.1 Signalling and Information
• Ensure that customers are aware of and have access to this Internal Protocol regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
• The Internal Protocol is available at the Hotel Reception and on the Eurosol Hotels official website www.eurosol.pt.
• Provide information on how to comply with the basic prevention precautions for infection control concerning to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak by posting informational posters.
1.1.2 Sanitation Plan
• Washing and disinfection, in accordance with this Internal Protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
• Cleaning of the surfaces and objects in common use (including reception desks, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles, …). The frequency is changed depending on the activity.
• Give preference to wet cleaning over dry cleaning.
• Air renewal of rooms and confined spaces is carried out regularly.
• Disinfection of the pool when it is open to the public.
• In of restaurants and beverages areas, the reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces. It will be avoided as much as possible the direct handling of food by customers and employees.
• In the catering and breakfast areas, effective cleaning is ensured.
• The bucket and mop are distinguished by area. (the bucket and mop used in bathrooms, are not used in food areas).
• For the floor, washing is carried out preferably with hot water and common detergent, followed by disinfection with a solution of bleach diluted in water or with an appropriate product that guarantees hygiene. The cleaning frequency is once a day when medium activity level is recorded.
• In the sanitary facilities of the common areas, washing is performed with a product containing detergent and disinfectant. The cleaning frequency is once a day when there is a medium level of activity.
• When applicable, in spaces where children are playing, cleaning and disinfection must be reinforced several times a day. Registers(see the existing records in the Hotel, under the Quality System)
1.1.3 To ensure adaptation of the selected space for insulation
•If a guest becomes infected with COVID-19 he must remain in room.
It is possible for the Hotel to provide goods, such as cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, disinfectant wipe or alcohol-based antiseptic solution thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, laundry bags, Kit with water, some non-perishable food are available to be promptly used and a list of useful contacts (SNS24, INEM, and territorially competent Health Authority).
1.1.4 Adequacy of accommodation units
• The definition of specific care during the linens swap and rooms’ cleaning, with proper protection according to the Internal Protocol defined in Work Instruction in ”Instrução de Trabalho Especifica” (ITE).
• The removal of bed linen and towels is carried out without stir or shake it, rolling it inwards, without touching the body and transporting it to the washing machine or to laundry bag.
• Washing separately at high temperatures the bed linens / towels (about 60ºC). (At the Eurosol Hotels, the laundry service is provided by external companies).
• TV and air conditioning controls and phone are sanitized whenever the customer changes
1.1.5 Hygiene equipment
• Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points, at the restaurant entrance, bar and common sanitary facilities.
• Liquid soap for hand washing and paper towels, in all sanitary facilities.
1.1.6 Partners and suppliers
• Partners and suppliers who adhere to the Clean & Safe seal or who have adopted measures that contribute to the control and mitigation of COVID-19 are privileged.
1.1.7 Ambient sound
• By preventing people from having to raise their voices to be perceptible or make interpersonal approach movements for an audible conversation, ambient sound (music/TV) will be minimized.
• The communication protocol in case of suspicion of an infected occupant (employee or guest) is defined in the Contingency Plan.
• See in section 1.2.3 about the responsibility to trigger the procedure when the criteria for the COVID-19 case definition are met.
1.2 FOR THE EMPLOYEES
• All Employees received specific information and / or training on:
- The Internal Protocol and Contingency Plan for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- Hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds OR use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the forearm or use a paper tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand hygiene always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils, glasses and towels.
• The employee can only enter the service if he does not show suspicious symptoms. The assessment of fever, verification of cough or difficulty breathing is carried out by self-monitoring.
• Training / awareness actions are taken to ensure compliance with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
• View the training records in the workplace F195.06.
1.2.2 Equipment - Personal protection
• Enough for all employees (depending on their role: mask or gloves or visor / glasses or gown or apron or shoe covers).
• Employee's uniforms must be washed in the washing-machine at high temperatures whenever it is possible (around 60ºC or with a disinfectant product when the characteristics of the clothes do not allow it).
• Daily self-monitoring to assess fever, cough or difficulty breathing at the employee's expense.
• Behaviours to be adopted by employees:
- Keep the distance between employees and customers and avoid physical contact, including handshakes.
- Not entering and leaving the establishments with the establishment's uniform (including footwear).
- Keep your hair pinned up.
- The excessive use of personal ornaments (bracelets, threads, rings, etc.) is not recommended.
- Breaks and scheduled meals to avoid employees gathering in the staff / dining areas.
• Cleaning staff is aware of the products to be used (detergents and disinfectants), the precautions to be taken with their handling, dilution and application in safe conditions and have received information on how to protect themselves during the cleaning procedures of the spaces and how to guarantee good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection.
1.2.4 Stock of cleaning and sanitizing materials
• Stock of cleaning materials for single use proportional to the dimensions of the project, including cleaning wipes for single use moistened with disinfectant, bleach / disinfectant products and alcohol at 70º.
• Dispensers and refills of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution.
• Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
• Equipment or refills for hand washing with liquid soap and paper towels.
1.2.5 Scales / Shifts
• Definition of service schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the simultaneous number of employees
1.3 FOR GUESTS
1.3.1 Equipment – Personal protection
• Personal protective equipment (individual protection kits with a mask, gloves and disinfectant wipe available to customers for € 2,00)
• Guests, employees, suppliers and visitors must comply with the rules of social distance and conduct in all areas of the Hotel and conduct defined by the Hotel (and which respect the guidelines issued by the Directorate-General for Health).
• Swimming pools and saunas, when applicable, will only start functioning when permitted by the competent authorities.
• The customers should favour the natural ventilation of their rooms by opening the window(s) whenever possible, namely in their absence. The same applies to meeting rooms.
2. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
2.1 ACTION PLAN
• In the case of an infected hosted guest, he must remain in the assigned room.
• The responsible employee must, provide him with the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service (SNS24 - 808 24 24 24) or alternative contacts in case of difficulty:
- Leiria: Public Health Unit 244 849 010 (USP);
- Alcanena: ADC Entroncamento 249 720 412; Dra Susana Gonçalves 966 110 826;
- Seia or Gouveia: USP Guarda 271 210 840/927 820 695 or Dra Assunção Ferreira 927 820 631.
2.2 DECONTAMINATION OF THE PLACE
• We ensure the decontamination of the area whenever there is a positive case(s) of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially on the surfaces frequently handled and most used by him, as indicated by the Directorate-General for Health.
• The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection will be carried out in a double plastic bag that, after being closed (e.g. with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
Ed.6 – jul.2022